Archive for category Holidays
Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone but I still haven’t started my holiday shopping. Sure I hit the stores last weekend, except my purchases were for myself. If you’re weekend was devoted to spending on yourself (guilty), here are several gadget gift ideas for this holiday season:
- Jambox from Jawbone. This small wireless speaker packs some big sound. From pumping up the jams to conference calls, its small size is perfect for someone on the go.
- Digits. The cold weather won’t stop you from updating your Twitter status from your phone any longer. The small electronic pads attach to your gloves to keep you texting on the go.
- OnStar rearview mirror. A great gift for someone who spends a lot of time on the road, the OnStar mirror has a slew of features including emergency roadside assistance, GPS navigation and hands-free calling.
- Up by Jawbone. This bracelet monitors your activity, meals and sleep patterns to give your reports right on your iPhone. Up can be a great gift for someone looking to enter 2012 on a healthier foot.
- myGrid charging pad from Duracell. Forget the cords and the hassle of your charger. Just drop your phone on the pad and it’ll be ready to go.
- E-reader. Digital readers will be popular again this year. The original Amazon Kindle and the Nook from Barnes and Noble are both good choices for the bookworm on your shopping list.
- Earbud headphones from American Eagle. No longer will you have to sacrifice your ears to listen to music on your way to work or class. This headphone set from American Eagle is practical, fashionable and an easy gift idea.
- Motorola H17txt earpiece with Motospeak. If someone on your shopping list is guilty of texting and driving, this earpiece from Motorola reads text messages. The headset is also great for hands-free calling.
- Beats headphones from Dr. Dre. These high definition headphones from rapper Dr.Dre are a great gift for music lovers. They’re definitely expensive, but could make for a great surprise Christmas morning.
- Tablets. One of the most popular gifts this season is a tablet The Samsung Galaxy from Verizon and the iPad 2 from AT&T are two of our favorites.
If you have either the iPhone 4s or iPad 2 at the top of your wish list this holiday, you’ll be relieved to know that AT&T will have both available in stores on Black Friday. After inventory shortages of the iPhone 4s after its initial release, we’re excited to hear that anxious shoppers can pick up their new phone right at the store this Friday.
If you’re looking to invest in a tablet, AT&T stores will also have the iPad 2 along with a slew of accessories. With recent launch of several other tablets such as the Kindle Fire and the Nook by Barnes and Noble, it will be interesting to see how the iPad 2 performs during the shopping season.
What about you? Are you looking to snag any gadgets on Black Friday?
While some of my friends will be waiting to rush the stores during those early hours of Black Friday, I’ll still be sleeping off my turkey hangover. Instead, I’ll be anxiously waiting for Cyber Monday to snatch up the good deals from the comfort of my home, or desk at work.
It appears I won’t be alone. Cyber Monday is expected to the biggest yet with projected sales to hit $1.2 billion. The busiest part of the day will be over the lunch hour for online shoppers looking for big bargains. Unless your company has blocked nearly every online store on the web, executives should prepare themselves for lower productivity. The lure of free shipping, exclusive on-line sales and big deals will be hard for many workers to resist on Cyber Monday. I’m definitely be hopping on the bandwagon.
As someone who rather not stand in line at Target at 3am on Black Friday in Wisconsin, I’m excited to see what deals are available come Monday as I try to tackle my holiday shopping list.
What about you? Are a traditional Black Friday shopper, a new-wave Cyber Monday consumer or a little of both?